Are you looking for the best laser skin treatment to reduce fine lines and wrinkles, correct visible sun damage, improve skin texture, and tighten your skin? The Halo Laser at West Des Moines Skin Iowa may be just what you need.
The Halo Skin Treatment Laser at Skin Iowa in West Des Moines is a breakthrough hybrid laser treatment that makes it one of the best options on the market for creating some exciting results with only a few days of downtime.
What makes the Halo Laser better than other laser skin treatments?
The Halo Laser is the first fractional laser that combines both ablative and non-ablative technology. “The Halo treats both the superficial and deeper layers of skin, allowing it to tackle multiple issues with just one treatment,” explains Skin Iowa Halo Laser Specialist and Certified Physician Assistant Susan Schooler, PA-C. “It improves fine lines, tone, texture and overall pigment, giving our patients a fresh, younger looking glow.”
Here’s how the Halo Laser works:
• Ablative laser wavelengths create tiny pathways into the skin’s upper layer to promote new skin growth and fade uneven skin tone and age spots.
• The Halo’s non-ablative wavelengths trigger collagen and elastin production below the skin’s surface, which in turn helps improve skin tone and texture and minimizes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
What is the Halo laser skin care treatment like?
The team at Skin Iowa will do their best to help make your Halo Laser treatment as pleasant as possible. Plan to spend about two full hours at Skin Iowa.
• Shortly after you arrive at the West Des Moines Skin Iowa office, a numbing cream will be applied to your face and any other area you are having treated, such as your neck, décolletage, arms, and/or hands. It takes about 45 minutes for the numbing cream to numb your skin, so bring a book or your iPad and sit back and relax.
• Once the numbing cream has taken full effect; one of our highly trained laser technicians will gently remove the cream and then cover your eyes with small protective goggles. Your technician will then test a very small spot on your skin to determine the best laser settings for your particular skin.
• Once the laser settings have been precisely established, the technician will move the pulsing Halo laser over each section of your face, (and/or whatever areas you are having treated). The laser may feel slightly hot as it passes over your skin, and, depending on your sensitivity level, you may feel a slight discomfort.
When the treatment is over, your face will feel warm to the touch. You will be given a cold compress and a hand-held cooling fan to help alleviate the heat. You may also be prescribed medications to help reduce any swelling that may occur post treatment.
Halo Laser Treatment Recovery
Recovering from the Halo Laser treatment will take anywhere from few days to a week:
• The night after treatment your face may feel uncomfortable. Do not apply make-up or skin care products. At your technician’s request, take any medications as directed.
• In the morning, your face may be a little swollen, especially near your eyes and on your upper lip. This puffiness should subside in a day or two. Do not apply make-up or skin care products for at least 48 hours or as directed by your technician.
• Three days after treatment some of the treated skin will start to slough off, much like when a sunburn starts peel and heal. At this point restart a skin care regimen as directed by your technician. Be sure to use ONLY products approved by your technician including a gentle, medical grade sunscreen.
• Four or five days after treatment, you will start to notice a more even skin tone and you may resume your skin care regimen. Oily and dry areas on your skin will likely become more balanced. Brown spots and sun damaged areas will be much less pronounced. Additional collagen production will promote a more youthful glow and continue for up to six months.
How much does the Halo Laser Treatment Cost?
The cost of the Halo Laser Treatment at Skin Iowa depends on the number of areas you are having treated. The Halo works great on the face, the neck, the décolletage (upper chest) and the back of your hands. For more information on a custom treatment plan for you, call our Skin Iowa office in West Des Moines, Iowa at 515-223-0119 to set up a complimentary Halo consultation.
Laser skin treatment, Halo laser treatment, Skin tightening laser treatment
Laser treatment for wrinkles, Best laser treatment for wrinkles, Halo laser treatment recovery