Dermatology and Cosmetology Physician Assistants, West Des Moines, Iowa
October is Certified Physician Assistant Month!
See a Certified Physician Assistant for your all your skin care needs.
If you haven’t already received dermatology care from a Certified Physician Assistant (PA-C), consider choosing one of Skin Iowa’s topnotch medical professionals for your next skin care and anti-aging visit.
• Certified Physician Assistants undergo intensive medical and skin care training at medical schools and provide many of the same services as dermatologists. As undergraduates, PA students have the same pre-med requirements, and then during P.A. training, take the same academic courses as physicians, but over the course of two years as compared to a medical student’s three years. The “C” indicates that the PA has taken a comprehensive examination to become nationally certified by the National Commission of Certification of PAs.
• Dermatology PAs are licensed medical professionals that are trained to conduct physical exams, diagnose and treat skin conditions, inject Botox and derma-fillers, order and interpret tests, develop treatment plans, counsel on preventative health care, perform skin laser treatments and many other cosmetic procedures, assist in surgery, and write prescriptions.
• Unlike nurse practitioners who attended nursing school and practice nursing, physician assistants work with a supervising physician. At Skin Iowa, that physician is Dr. Ronald Kolegraff, M.D. Dr. Ron Kolegraff is Board Certified by the ABMS in Surgery, a Diplomate of the American Board of Phlebology, a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons and a Fellow of the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery, and a current member of the Iowa Board of Medicine. The advantage to PA-C patients is that instead of getting the opinion of one skin care professional, you can get the opinion of two.
• “Our body’s largest organ, our skin works 24/7 to protect us and keep us healthy,” says Skin Iowa’s Susan Schooler, PA-C. Susan helped create one the first skin health departments in the state of Iowa for non-invasive facial rejuvenation. She is the founder of Skin Iowa and has practiced with and was trained for well over a decade by some of the leading ENT, Dermatology, and Plastic Surgery specialists throughout the country.
• Michon Leddy, PA-C says “skin health is also about self-confidence and putting your best foot forward. My specialty is to create a naturally youthful appearance, reversing the signs of aging. I have trained with Beverly Hills and Brazilian plastic surgeons, along with other top leaders in the industry.”
• Susan and Michon have the expertise to help keep your skin healthy and beautiful throughout your life. Together they have more than 30 years of combined skin health care expertise.
Let Susan and Michon help you achieve your skin care goals. Call (515) 223-0119 to set up free consultation.